HOSTEL MANAGEMENT, IIT MADRAS
TEMPORARY POSITIONS (ON CONTRACT) IN HOSTELS
Applications are invited in plain paper from the eligible candidates for the position of Hostel Assistant Manager and Hostel Attendant purely temporary on contract basis, to work for Boys and Girls Hostel at IIT Madras.
Last date for receipt of applications is 31.12.2017. For details visit www.ccw.iitm.ac.in
1. The position is temporary and on contract basis
2. The essential qualifications are given below:
a. HOSTEL ASSISTANT MANAGER
i. Should be between 30 and 40 years as on 30.06.2017.
ii. Should be a Graduate in Commerce
iii. Prior relevant experience of at least 1 year in any educational institution or PSU or any organization of repute taking care of its guest house/hostel after graduation
iv. Ability to work on computers.
v. Ability to run the hostel office for short periods in the absence of Hostel Manager.
vi. Physically fit to make several rounds of hostel complex in order to check serviceability of facilities like, water, and electricity.etc.
b. HOSTEL ATTENDANT.
i. Should be below 40 years.
ii. Should have passed 10th Std.
iii. Be able to read , write and understand instructions that are passed orally and in writing.
iv. Physically fit to make several rounds of hostel complex in order to check serviceability of facilities like, water, and electricity.etc.
v. Working knowledge of computers is essential.
3. Canvassing in any form will lead to immediate disqualification of the candidates.
4. The application complete in all respects may be handed over at Office of Hostel Management (OHM).
5. Mere fulfilling the minimum educational qualification doesn’t bestow right on candidate to be called for interview.
6. Consolidated salary per month:
a) Hostel Assistant Manager : Rs.15000/-
b) Hostel Attendant : Rs.10000/-
7. The candidate applying should be willing to work on shift basis. The shift timings are as under
First shift: 7 AM to 3.30 PM
Second shift: 11.30 AM to 8.00 PM
8. Incomplete/ incorrect applications/ applications received after due date will be summarily rejected. No representatives/correspondence on such REJECTIONS shall be entertained.
9. The recruitment process can be cancelled/postponed/suspended/terminated without any prior notice/assigning any reasons at any stage.
10. The recruitment to the post shall be strictly based on written test / skill test only. There shall not be any personal interview for selections.
11. The number of vacancies is subject to change. Further, the employer has the right to cancel or modify these notifications without assigning any reason thereof.
12. In case the response to the post is in large numbers, screening will be restricted to those with higher percentage of marks.
13. OHM reserves the right to reject or accept any candidature without assigning any reason thereof.
14. The decision of appointing authority is final
15. Mode of recruitment: Written/Skill Test