Listed below are certain security requirements which must be adhered to on campus.
- Identity Cards
All employees of IIT Madras are required to carry ID cards issued by the Institute. This document must be produced on demand to the Security Personnel. The NIOT and IC & SR issue separate cards for their employees.
- Temporary Passes
The Security wing issues special passes to contractors, casual employees, labourers employed by the Institute, servants, vendors and temporary visitors. These papers are time-bound and are NOT licenses for services to be rendered by the individuals.
- Daily Passes
These passes are issued to casual visitors by the security personnel manning the gate (entry points). Passes issued for one gate are not valid for another gate.
- Group Passes
These are issued to groups of workers employed by contractors or the institute and to groups of students from other Institutions visiting our departments and centers.
- Vehicle Passes
The CSO's office issues metal tokens for two-wheelers and cycles, self-adhesive stickers for four-wheelers (with color codes to identify campus-ites and non campus-ites) and temporary passes to vehicle owners. The Vehicle Registration Book must be produced for receipt of the passes/tokens. Gate passes are issued to monitor movement of stores/materials out of the Institute premises.
- Speed limit of any powered vehicle within the campus is 40 km/h.
- Persons below the age of 18 years are not permitted to drive powered vehicles.
- Consumption of alcohol at public places inside the campus is not allowed
- Poaching/hunting/fishing is strictly prohibited.
- Lighting of open fires on the campus is not allowed.
- Trafficking in/or possession of any type of drugs is an offence.
Chief Security Officer i/c
Phone : +91 (44) 2257 8260
Duty Room, Security Section
Phone : +91 (44) 2257 8280
Emergency Phone : +91 (44) 2257 9999
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org